Vehicle & Prop Design - Project 1: Pre Production
22.04.2026 - 10.06.2026 / Week 01 - Week 8
Ilhan Rayan bin Khairul Anwar / 0361205
Vehicle & Prop Design / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Project 1 - Pre Production
PRACTICAL
For our Project 1 of Vehicle and Prop Design, we were tasked with designing and coming up with a concept for a vehicle and prop that we will continue to develop and design. Since this is my second retake of this module, I already know what is expected and what I plan to do.
Figure 1.1: Design Mood Board / Ideas
For my vehicles, I decided to go for a hoverbike for land, a houseboat / junk for sea, and a jet drone for air. As for the props, I toyed between designing a lever-action rifle and a hand-cannon since I knew I wanted to do firearms as my prop. In the end I decided to go for the hoverbike and lever-action rifle since those were the two I felt the most confident and most invested in.
| Figure 1.2: Vehicle Sketches |
I decided to start with designing the vehicle first since I had some ideas in my head already. I started off doing sketches of motorbikes and then proceeded to alter their designs bit by bit, changing and altering certain shapes until I found something that I liked as seen at the bottom of Figure 1.2. After showing what I had, Mr. Kannan me that it wasn't enough and to do more, however I didn't want to keep going back over and over again so I just decided to move forward regardless.
| Figure 1.3: Hoverbike Design Update |
![]() |
| Figure 1.4: Blender Vehicle Screenshot |
After looking at the hoverbike, I realized that it felt too angular and realistically would be very dangerous to ride in. Additionally the design just felt off to me so I went ahead and redesigned it, altering some aspects before deciding to move to blender where I could more easily create what I had in mind. Using the model I created in Figure 1.4, I used that as my base for how I wanted the design to look as I wanted a heavy front on the hoverbike as the main aspect.
| Figure 1.5: Vehicle Color Variation |
After completing the new design that I decided to stick with, I went back and decided to experiment with different color palettes to see what would look nice. I already had one in mind but I felt like I should at least experiment and see what looks good.
| Figure 1.6: Vehicle Turnaround |
With the coloring done, I decided to do a quick turnaround design for the vehicle just to see and show what it would look like. When I presented this to Mr. Kannan, he explained to me that this is only just the base of the design and that I can further improve on it by adding a lot more to it, thus leading into Project 2.

Comments
Post a Comment