Vehicle and Prop Design - Project 2: Production
10.06.2026 - 08.07.2026 / Week 08 - Week 12
Ilhan Rayan bin Khairul Anwar / 0361205
Vehicle and Prop Design / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Project 2 - Production
PRACTICAL
For our Project 2 of Vehicle and Prop Design, we had to continue our development of our Vehicle and Prop from Project 1 and further improve them from the base stages. I decided to start off Project 2 by working on my prop since I hadn't started working on it yet.
| Figure 1.1: Prop Sketches |
I had a lot of ideas in mind for the rifle's design, some of which were inspired by pieces of media and used them as reference when creating these sketches. After exploring different design ideas, I picked parts that I liked and mashed them together into one design that I liked.
| Figure 1.2: Rifle Design |
Once I created the model, I moved onto Blender to recreate in 3D so that I could use it to help me draw the rifle at other angles.
![]() |
| Figure 1.3: Rifle 3D Model |
![]() |
| Figure 1.4: Rifle Breakdown |
With the 3D model completed, I used that to help design and draw my rifle from different angles so I could more easily show it's different aspects. Since this was designed in Blender as well, it allowed for me to rotate the main barrel so I could show how the weapon reloads. With the rifle done for now, I moved back to my vehicle so I could work on the 'interior' of the vehicle, but since I'm doing a hoverbike there technically isn't an interior so instead I designed the dashboard on the front as well as the steering mechanism.
![]() |
| Figure 1.5: Dashboard Original Design |
![]() |
| Figure 1.6: Updated Dashboard Design |
From Figure 1.5 to 1.6, I updated some of the bike's model to improve it. I first started off by remodeling the front where the gas tank would be on a motorbike to make it rounder. Since my design is futuristic and a hoverbike, there is no gas tank present in the model and instead that space is used by the pilot to rest their upper body and arms. I also designed and implemented the steering controls on top of this space.
Originally, the steering controls would be inside the motorbike, with the throttle and brake and handles being inside the heavy front but that would require for me to model out the interior first and I was too burnt out to figure that out, so I opted to put it on top. I didn't want to have them on the side either as it would stick out and turning would be difficult since there's no handlebar. So the choice I made was to have it be on a ball-joint, that way it can be controlled via rotation.
![]() |
| Figure 1.7: Steering Controls. |
| Figure 1.8.1: First Sketch |
| Figure 1.8.2: Updated Sketch |
I decided to use the empty faces along the sides of the front chassis to add in additional screens to monitor the speed and fuel.
| Figure 1.9: Finished Design |
With the 'interior' of my motorbike completed, I moved back the whole design so that I could update it and add more details and shapes.
![]() |
| Figure 1.10.1: Old Model in Blender |
![]() |
| Figure 1.10.2: Updated Model in Blender |
I mainly tried to fill in the empty spaces by adding more elements, such as headlights which I had somehow forgotten to include in my original design. Because I wanted them to be sunken in, I had to update the model slightly as well as adding in new details to give it more shape since it was one large, flat piece previously. I also added in cylinders along the bottom and underside which both helped give the mesh more shape and allow for a way for energy to be visually shown traveling through the bike. I extended the sides as well since it was flat too by adding in a large, armored section which is where the power is contained. Lastly, I included footrests on the sides towards the back so that way the pilot's feet would have somewhere to go.
With the updated design done, I moved onto testing out value and texture studies. Because my design is meant to be very sleek, smooth and streamlined for simplicity, I didn't go overboard with the texturing but I did make it look more worn down and weathered to show it's age as well as trying to convey that it's metallic.
![]() |
| Figure 1.12: Value Study and Texture Study |
With this done, I submitted what I had and moved onto Project 3 / Final Project.








Comments
Post a Comment