Vehicle & Prop Design - Final Project: Post Production & Profiling
08.07.2026 - 31.07.2026 / Week 12 - Week 15
Ilhan Rayan bin Khairul Anwar / 0361205
Vehicle and Prop Design / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Final Project: - Post Production & Profiling
PRACTICAL
For our Project 3 of Vehicle and Prop Design, we had to compile what we had done in Projects 1 & 2 as well as additional designs we made into a call sheet. I started off by doing the orthographic views for both the vehicle and prop since that's the simplest one I could do first. Thanks to the blender models, I was able to easily capture photos of both designs at the required angles and drew them in 2D from there with color and any additional details.
![]() |
| Figure 1.1: Vehicle Orthographic View |
![]() |
| Figure 1.2: Rifle Orthographic View |
From there, I moved onto working on color studies for the vehicle. I decided to go off of some of the color palette ideas that I had back in Project 1.
![]() |
| Figure 1.3: Alternate Colours |
I decided to keep the standard silver design as one of the colour palettes since I personally enjoy it's simplicity. I created an alternate red and blue design inspired by Akira's motorbike, a beige design meant for travel through sandy areas and a corporate design that's somewhat altered from the original colour palette as I decided to change out some of the greys for beiges to have a stronger contrast in the design.
| Figure 1.4.1: Textured / Shaded Rifle Design (Side View) |
| Figure 1.4.2: Textured / Shaded Rifle Design (Angled View) |
With the different colour palettes done for the vehicle, I decided to also go back and texture the rifle to make it not look so flat by simply adding on some weathering along the barrel and the main body. I also added grit along the foregrip and stock since realistically the parts that would be held onto for firing would be textured to prevent slipping as well as providing stability. I also made the muzzle more burned looking since this is technically an energy rifle and the remnants of each shot would realistically start to leave burn marks over time.
As for the textured / shaded drawing for the hoverbike, I decided to use the study I did in Project 2 as the base and made small adjustments to it for my final submission. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to create a proper background for my vehicle.
With everything caught up and ready, I compiled everything into a presentation call sheet for submission.
FINAL PRESENTATION
REFLECTION
Coming back to this module was interesting since I already knew what to expect and what I had in mind for my plan going into this semester. Originally when I chose to retake this and Anatomy and Character Sculpture in an additional semester, I believed that I'd be completely free to focus on these two modules entirely.
However in the year and a half from when I chose to retake them and the semester of me retaking them, I started getting involved with numerous projects both in-and-out of Taylor's since I'm a well liked individual that people want to work with. But because of this, I came into this semester with multiple prior commitments that I simply hadn't anticipated for which seriously stunted and damaged my overall progress and the quality of my work for this semester.
I was lucky that since this module primarily focuses on 2D, I was able to somewhat keep up-to-date with my work so I could submit this on time. However the same can't be said for my other module, which was Anatomy and Character Sculpture, a module that I already struggled with so not being able to work on it properly as well meant that I was doomed to fail, especially since I barely had any progress done on it's model by the time Project 2 was due but that's a separate conversation.
Coming into this module again with a plan was very beneficial for me since I already knew what I wanted to create as well as what to expect. It also helped that since I had my Major Project 2 prior to this retake, my skills with Blender had improved a lot which meant that I could more easily create 3D models for my vehicle and prop.
I do wish that I was able to work more on this module and create a vehicle and prop that was more detailed, refined and higher quality but due to prior commitments as well as burnout, I simply could not keep up and create what I envisioned. Instead I was fine with settling with passable work.



Comments
Post a Comment